Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
mongodb dealing with embedded documents
richard.bibb
<p>I'm using Eclipse BIRT and am having problems understanding how to deal with embedded documents. In my database I have a structure a little like this:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>PORTFOLIO</p>
<p> date</p>
<p> time</p>
<p> name</p>
<p> aum</p>
<p> BASKET</p>
<p> stock</p>
<p> position</p>
<p> price</p>
<p> fx</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, each portfolio has a basket of stocks. What I want to do is to calculate the net exposure for the portfolio as a % of aum. In mathematical terms this is:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>sum(basket.price*basket.position*basket.fx)/aum</strong></p>
<p> </p>
<p>This should lead to one value per portfolio name</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What I don't know is how do do that roll up when setting up the DataSet. I tried creating a computed column but the numeric values come back as NaN. (see attached screenshot)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is anyone able to offer guidance?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>What version of Open Source BIRT are you using?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you please attach a sample data set than I can import into my MongoDB to look into this further, and create a possible sample?</p>
richard.bibb
<p>Hi Clement</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I managed to do what I wanted using the Aggregate expression field. That gave me the flexibility of the aggregation pipeline.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for responding</p>
richard.bibb
<p>Hi Clement</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If at all possible could you please have a look at my question here:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/39595-report-parameters-to-insert-a-list-into-a-mongodb-query/?hl=mongodb'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/39595-report-parameters-to-insert-a-list-into-a-mongodb-query/?hl=mongodb</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>I'm stuck due to my lack of knowledge regarding setting and retrieving variables within a report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you in advance</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Richard</p>