Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Generate Data Objects in Designer pro
shamo
<p>Generating data objects from Designer pro version 4 2 3 commercial isn't working. Any help as to how to be able to generate without having to publish and downloading from Ihub? I want to work outside ihub before publishing work. Thanks in advance.</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Please define what you mean not working. Do you get errors? Please provide details.</p>
shamo
<p>No I don't get errors but it doesn't generate. Thanks for your early response</p>
micajblock
<p>Well that is weird. Does the designer crash? I would try these if none work I would open a case with support.</p>
<ol><li>In eclipse.ini increase the -Xmx</li>
<li>Look in the .metadata folder, there is a .log file there check there for errors.</li>
</ol>
shamo
<p>I may not be doing something right. Can you just walk me through how to generate the data objects?</p>
<p>What I'm doing is to right click on the generate data objects. Isn't what I'm supposed to do?</p>
micajblock
<p>Correct. You right click on the data design and you should get a dialog like below to name the the .data file</p>
shamo
<p>Yes. Thanks. I don't know what it was I see it generating now in the bottom right corner. waiting to see if it will generate</p>
shamo
<p>Mica, Once you are here now, can you just tell me this, can I add reference line and data labels in dashboard not in designer?</p>
micajblock
<p>Not OOTB. Both can be done via themes.</p>