Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How can a give a dynamic default value to a selection widget
jar
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am working on a dashboard with a selection widget (combo-box) that is based on a query with Row Level Security in a .DATA file that is weekly refreshed. In this selection widget only the client are shown for which the logged in user has authorization. For almost every end-user there are different clients. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>On the dashboard we have a report that needs a parameter (p_client) to show only the data of the client(s) the logged in user has authorization for.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I can give a default value in the selection widget but because every user has different clients this would result in an empty page for a lot of users.I would like the selection widget to always select the first value from it's list that is filled by the query in the .DATA file so the user is always presented a report with the option to select another client. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I can not see a way to realize this... If somebody can give me a pointer in the right direction this would be great. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Kind regards,</p>
<p>Jeroen</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jar
<p>bump ...</p>
jar
<p>Mmhhhh ... apparently quit a unusual "Way We Work". </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Been looking for a solution for this for some time now but unfortunately have not been able te fix this. As most of the users have one client on 20+ reports they have to select the same client every time again... </p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:Menlo;font-size:13px;">$(</span><span style="color:rgb(125,39,38);font-family:Menlo;font-size:13px;">"#0"</span><span style="font-family:Menlo;font-size:13px;">).val($(</span><span style="color:rgb(125,39,38);font-family:Menlo;font-size:13px;">"#0 option:first"</span><span style="font-family:Menlo;font-size:13px;">).val()); using </span>jQuery seems like a soluction but for me I could not get it to work on a dashboard although the first prompt seems to have the id 0...</p>