Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
AdminServer crash
bradp
Hi,
I'm running OD 5.5.1 on Solaris. Intermittantly, our
AdminServer dies has to be restarted. The logs do not
show any unusal activity. Has anyone else had this problem ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Any additional observations about how or when it dies? Are users logged in and then it hangs? Does the Admin process die? etc...
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
sample_pack.dcpackage
bradp
It seems to die when there are users logged in or if there are no users logged in, and it is idle. I haven't seen any consistent pattern to it. The AdminServer process just dies, and there are no core dumps.
Support recommended that I trie reinstalling it, which I did yesterday, but it looks like it came down during the night.
Migrateduser
Hmmm, sounds strange.
All I can think of is to make sure you've got the latest Solaris patches for Java on your box.
Also (maybe a long shot), make sure your sys admin hasn't set up a process on your box that periodically looks for "unauthorized" processes to kill.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
JvdW
We saw the same behaviour but with OD56 on Win2K. In our case the OD admin fails to come up after an iwreset. Is that also the case in your situation?
Jan van de Wiel
Philips Lighting