Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT not working when using IE11
kkung
<div>Hi,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I'm using BIRT on tomcat v7.</div>
<div>My application works fine with most browsers except IE 11 (it's OK for IE10 IE9 ..) .</div>
<div>when I run the Report and submit the form, it shows continually "Precessing, please wait ".</div>
<div> </div>
<div>It seems the issue with IE11 exists since a long time (many posts exist on the web). </div>
<div>So is there a solution without using compatibility mode or manipulating registry entry ? </div>
<div>or BIRT just doesn't work with IE11 ?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>Which BIRT version?</p>
kkung
<p>BIRT version is 3.7.2</p>
Clement Wong
<p>I'm running IE 11 (Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18499) on a Windows 7 with OS BIRT 3.7.2 Desginer, and can <em>Run > View Report > In Web Viewer</em>.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Granted I'm not using Tomcat, but it should be the same.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does your <strong>FramesetFragment.jsp</strong> (under <em>birt\webcontent\birt\pages\layout</em>) have the following line?</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="X-UA-Compatible" CONTENT="IE=EmulateIE7"></pre>
<p>When you view a report, and hit F12 to access IE's Developer Tools, what compatibility mode do you see? For me, I see "7" and in the drop drown I see "7 (default)".</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>As an experiment, I removed that one META tag line and tried to run and view a report. IE showed the Processing, please wait ... dialog, and it never went away.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>After adding that line back in, I am able to view reports.</p>
kkung
<p>I have this <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">META tag line in the </span><strong>FramesetFragment.jsp </strong>but it still not working.</p>
Clement Wong
<p>In Internet Explorer, when you view a report, and hit F12 to access IE's Developer Tools, what compatibility mode do you see? For me, I see "7" and in the drop drown I see "7 (default)".</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As a test, have you explicitly added your website to use the Compatibility View Settings?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> 1. In IE, click the <b>Tools</b> menu item, and choose <b>Compatibility View settings</b>.</p>
<p> 2. Under <em>Add this website</em>, you will see the domain. Click <b>Add</b>.</p>
<p> 3. Close the dialog.</p>
<p> 4. Reload the report to test.</p>