Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Use existing JDBC Resource
Cody Warren
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm trying to integrate BIRT into an existing Jetty web application which requires a servlet API to interface with new modules. I've gotten the servlet/report generation all working sweet from your guides, but I'm stuck getting the JDBC drivers to work. If I add a maven dependency for the JDBC jars needed in my module, BIRT will run, but I'd like to re-use drivers that the application is already using (that way other users can upgrade or add new JDBC drivers through the same interface). Is there a way for me to specify where to get the JDBC driver Jars inside the BIRT engine api? Alternatively, is there a way for me to supply the jar as a BLOB object? </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>Not that I am aware of. The only way you can specify a JAR file is when you using a Connection Profile and you'll see a property "JDBC Driver JAR List", or in the XML you'll see an entry like:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
<property name="jarList">C:\iHub3\BDPro31\eclipse\plugins\com.actuate.data.oda.jdbc.drivers_23.1.0.v20150206\lib\mysql\mysql-connector-java-5.1.20-bin.jar</property></pre>