Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
cascading parameter
christinelibi
<p>Hi Everyone! I'm new to birt and I want to implement the cascading features in birt report. </p>
<p>How can I achieve that?</p>
<p>I followed some online tutorial but it didn't work. </p>
<p>Basically, I created a cascading parameter group which contains two parameters, user_id and transaction_id. The hierarchy is each user_id have multiple transaction_id. The report will let you choose a user_id first and then choose the transaction .</p>
<p>My query is something like this :</p>
<div>select distinct session_id, user_id,user_name,transaction_id,request_id,execution_step</div>
<div>from table where user_id =? :</div>
<div>I also add the parameters in the data set. However, my report didn't work.</div>
<div>Can anyone help? I was trying to find an example here but a lot of the links didn't exist any more. Thank you so much! </div>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Matthew L.
<p>It sounds like you are creating a circular reference with the query populating the parameters but the query itself is dependent on the result of the parameter value.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Try removing the where clause from your query, then build the parameters based on that query.</p>
<p>If the parameters are showing values now, then create a second data set with a query that contains a where clause for your report data.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also as you mentioned that some links didn't work anymore.</p>
<p>Here is a quick video on how to create a cascading parameter:</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhFFwRwx11Q'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhFFwRwx11Q</a></p>
christinelibi
<p>I was following the same tutorial but didn't realize i need to create two data sets if I have two parameters. Can you elaborate a little bit more? Thank you so much! </p>