Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Pareto Chart Problem
Nina Gutiérrez
<p>Hi, I want to create a Pareto Chart in my report but I have a problem. (<span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);">Im using Bar chart and line series together and <span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);">line series show the running percentage respective to the bar chart.</span></span></span>) </span></span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm using RunningSum for one of my columns, but the first time, this column is equals to 0 and all the values are wrong because of that. I don't know why is this happening and how can I fix it!</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:14px;">Please help me, r<span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);">egards</span></span></span></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>Here's a recent thread on Pareto charts, and there is a design example to model after:</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/39591-pareto-filter-on-a-runningsum-column-binding'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/39591-pareto-filter-on-a-runningsum-column-binding</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>If you need additional assistance, please let us know what version of BIRT you are using? Also, if you have a sample design/data to replicate your issue.</p>
Nina Gutiérrez
<p>I am using SpagoBI Eclipse Platfform 3.6.2 .</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The fact is that on the first bar in the chart the line of the percent (the pareto percent line) shows 0, I don't know why. And on the second point of the line series (which should show the percent of the sum of the first and second value of the bar) it shows the percent which should go on the first point on the line series ( which is the percent of the first value of the bar )</p>
<p>resuming , the line series starts at 0 and it is one value behind that it should be.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thank you very much.</p>
Nina Gutiérrez
<p>Another important fact is that the data we want in the pareto chart is not in the database, it's calculated.</p>
<p>Example: in our database we have many certificates, some of them are renovated and the rest are not. in the data binding of the chart we have one entry in which we have the condition that evaluates if the row has to be counted for the pareto chart and then, when we have the function for the pareto chart we use the entry mentioned before. So, the first time, the value of this binding column es 0 and i guess that's the reason why the line series starts at 0.</p>