Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How work with fields like "string1.string2"
dlesin
<p>Hello!<br><br>
I work with BIRT v2.6 to build reports for IBM Jazz products. I have a data model where some field name is "targetTestPlan.itemId". But I can not get the value of this field in OnFetch event in the typical way (returned null):<br><br>
TPitem_db = row["targetTestPlan.itemId"];<br><br>
It must be mentioned that other fields with simple names are processed without a problem.<br><br>
Could somebody help me with this case? Is any way get the value of a field whose name includes point?<br><br>
Thank you very much in advance for any help and collaboration!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>The attached sample report design was tested in OS BIRT 2.6.2 against the Classic Models sample database. It is able to reference column names with periods in the output column name, in the expression of computed columns, and also in the <em>onFetch </em>event. In the onFetch, it's setting a persistent global variable which is displayed in the last column.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You can use my sample to track down the difference between my example and your report design.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
dlesin
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Clement Wong" data-cid="145775" data-time="1478216827">
<div>
<p>The attached sample report design was tested in OS BIRT 2.6.2 against the Classic Models sample database. It is able to reference column names with periods in the output column name, in the expression of computed columns, and also in the <em>onFetch </em>event. In the onFetch, it's setting a persistent global variable which is displayed in the last column.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You can use my sample to track down the difference between my example and your report design.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Hi Clement,<br><br>
Thank you for your post and for the sample. Your sample report operates perfect, and I confirm it too!<br><br>
I have analyzed my own problem, and I have got a conclusion that I was wrong in the neighboring string of the code. I was concentrated for the string "row["targetTestPlan.itemId"]" but I have lost a string above from my view where an evident error was taking place.<br>
Now my code works in the same way well like yours!</p>
<p>It was our evaluation of BIRT. Now we have plans to use BIRT in one big project next year, and I believe this is a really great choose!<br>
Thank you very much for the response!</p>