Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Conditional Highlighting from OnCreate Scripted Data
jverly01
<p>I have a report with 3 datasets. The first data set [dataSet] gets the list of active employees. The other two datasets [avail_hours & labor_hours] use the list of employees from [dataSet] to get either the number of hours they were available [avail_hours] and the number of hours they recorded [labor_hours]. I use an OnCreate script to pull the information from the 2nd and 3rd dataset to present the value on the output of the report - see attached screenshot.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to add a conditional format to the report to highlight any row that has 0.00 [labor_hours]. The normal Highlighting tool in BIRT doesn't work because I'm trying to use information from a different dataset than the main [dataSet]. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Or am I missing the boat on being able to use the variable in the highlighting rules section?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Environment: BIRT 3.7.1</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>On the table detail row's <em>onCreate </em>event, you can add a script to highlight the row.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For example:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">
if (this.getRowData().getColumnValue("STATUS") == 'Resolved'){
this.getStyle().backgroundColor = '#ff6666';
}
</pre>
<p>Attached is an example with 1 dataset, but having extra datasets shouldn't be that different.</p>
shamo
<p>If you can also achieve same results as Clement prescribed without script but use the highlighting option under the properties.</p>