Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Passing a value from a TableGroup as a drill through parameter
CodeRookie
<p>Hi,all!</p>
<p>I've got a chart design that is based on a TableGroup (grouped on column 'name', filtered using 'Top n' of another column value), and have added interactivity to the chart so as to pass values on to a subsequent report as parameter values.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My 'brick wall' I've hit: My chart design report has three parameters: Month, Year, ProdType. My 'drill down' report has four parameters: Month, Year, ProdType and Name. I have the interactivity set on the chart so that when the user clicks on one of the bars, it passes the Month, Year, ProdType.....but I can't for the life of me figure out how to pass a value for the Name parameter, as there isn't one single value since the report spits out 10 lines with a Name on each.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any thoughts on how to pass a single value for the Name parameter?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Scott</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Scott,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Where do you create the hyperlink? You should create it in the Value (Y) Series area of the chart wizard, as shown here:</p>
<p>
CodeRookie
<p>Pierre,</p>
<p>Good morning! Thanks for the reply! That is where I had the link set up, but I think the reason I'm getting the error:
pricher
<p>Scott,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you post your report design?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
CodeRookie
<p>Sure can...... The first is the chart report, and the second is the report that gets hyperlinked to.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
pricher
<p>Scott,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Since I cannot run your report, I tried to replicate its structure using Classic Models and I cannot see the issue. Attached are my sample reports. Try comparing locally with your reports. One suggestion would be to create a simple drill to report that displays only the parameter values. I am a bit puzzled...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
CodeRookie
<p>Pierre,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for the help! I will take a look at your examples and see if they can point to where I need to make changes in my own reports.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a great day!</p>
CodeRookie
<p>Pierre,</p>
<p>Good morning! So, I looked at your examples, and it appears that the drill down syntax is like mine. One thing I did notice a difference in was the information contained in my browser address bar. When I ran your example, and drilled down, I got this:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>://127.0.0.1:59223/iportal/iv?__report=%2f%24%24%24Transient%2facfile164%2erptdocument&__design=%2fC%3a%2fworkspace2%2fiHub1v%2fReport%20Designs%2fChartDrillDown2%2erptdesign&connectionHandle=120&__vp=workgroup&__masterpage=true&__locale=en_US&__svg=false&__asattachment=false</strong></p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I run mine, this is what occupies the address bar:</p>
<p> </p>
<div><strong>://127.0.0.1:59223/iportal/newrequest/do_executereport.jsp?command=submit&__requesttype=immediate&invokeSubmit=true&__executableName=%2FC%3A%2Fworkspace2%2FiHub1v%2FBDA_Test%2FBDA1_Test%2FNew_SQL_Reports%2FMpM_Chart_Drill.rptdesign&Month=9&Year=2016&ProdType=1&Name=Harvard+Steel+Sales%2C+LTD&__locale=en_US&__vp=workgroup&__masterpage=true&__svg=false&__newWindow=false</strong></div>
<div> </div>
<div>Now, my target report is barking about the 'Name' parameter not being set, but, you can see that the value <strong>Harvard+Steel+Sales%2C+LTD </strong>is being passed (which is the bar on the graph I clicked). So, it is obviously not sending multiple values like I thought it might be. Is the report choking on the '+' between the words, or is that standard for representing spaces?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks for any thoughts on this!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Scott</div>
pricher
<p>Scott,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I think I found the problem. Rename the <strong>Name </strong>parameter to <strong>pName</strong> in the drill-to report. Don't forget to update your chart hyperlink to point to the renamed parameter. The string Name must be reserved....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
CodeRookie
<p>And, we have a winner!!! Thank you so much ,Pierre! As soon as I renamed the parameter, it worked like a charm.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a great afternoon!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Scott</p>