Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Multiply Integer Value times Float Value
HSMorales
<p>I have a report written in BIRT 4.5 .</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The table is tied to a dataset which comes from a stored procedure.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have grouped the table by Employee_ID. At the group footer I am trying to multiply 2 aggregations</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Field 1 "REQS" Data Type = Integer (117) * Field 2 "AVG_DAYS" Data Type = Float (.94)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The value I get back is 109.5 instead of 109.98</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It appears BIRT is rounding but I can't see where.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>another line reads:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Field 1 "REQS" 392</p>
<p>Field 2 "AVG_DAYS" .79</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The value I get back is 309 instead of 309.68</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have tried using Float and Decimal for the Data Type of my output field.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How can I resolve this?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for al your help.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Henry Morales</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Is it possible there is a format on the data item displaying the item?</p>
HSMorales
<p>I have tried formatting it as Fixed and General Number but I get the same result.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have also tried calculating this with an aggregation and get the same result.</p>
micajblock
<p>works for me see attached</p>