Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Incremental Load
shamo
<p>How do I do incremental load in ihub after first cache?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Documented here - <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub31-dev/DAG/index.html#page/DAG/do-HowToEnableIncrementalUpdates.html#'>http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub31-dev/DAG/index.html#page/DAG/do-HowToEnableIncrementalUpdates.html#</a></p>
;
shamo
<p>Thank you for the resource. Quick question, does the date have to be a between a beginning and end dates, and do I have to apply to the data set before generating the .data files?</p>
micajblock
<p>Typically the data object has a parameter and on the data set in your query you have datefield>? and then bind the report parameter to the data set parameter.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>First time you have the parameter set to a very early date then every time after that to the current date to run this for (depends if it is daily, monthly...)</p>
shamo
<p>Walk me through. If I setup a date parameter like attached picture. I have a previous 12 month rolling data but only want the update to be monthly since I run the dashboard at beginning of current month to see what happened previously. how will I apply the date parameter since I already have a 12 month filter</p>
micajblock
<p>Do you want 12 months rolling in your data object? I am nit sure what your requirement. Incremental Update (the wording) is a bit misleading. It is actually incremental insert. So the first time you run, you have a base data, then when your run after that you have the filter set to only the new data.</p>
shamo
<p>Thank you Mica. Please walk me through or if an example too will appreciate. If I setup a date parameter like attached picture. I have a previous 12 month rolling data but only want the update to be monthly since I run the dashboard at beginning of current month to see what happened previously. how will I apply the date parameter since I already have a 12 month filter to see only the changes that happened in the previous month?</p>
micajblock
<p>I am not sure I understand the complete requirements. Can you explain in detail what they are.</p>
<p>Is it monthly data, then one a month you add more data? Do you always want 12 months rolling of data?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.S, The image is fuzzy and I cannot read it.</p>
shamo
<p>For that dashboard yes. But any sample that points me to how to do incremental load will be ok not just the 12 months. a setup with the date parameter and the application is ok with me. Thank a lot for your time.</p>
micajblock
<p>Yes to which add a month? or 12 months rolling?</p>
shamo
<p>Yes to 12 month rolling</p>
micajblock
<p>Then you cannot use incremental update as there is no way to delete the first month when you ad a new month. You need to generate the whole data object every time. </p>
shamo
<p>What about if just incremental update without 12 months rolling. All I want is incremental update example</p>
micajblock
<p>OK. One of the problems with examples for incremental update is that in most case the new data (in your case next months data) does not exist yet. In the attached example there is a start date and end date parameters. Run it the first time 1/1/2011 and 12/31/2011. The second time for 1/1/2012 and 12/31/2012. At that point you should have data for both 2011 and 2012. In your case you can use the first and last day on the new month.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps.</p>
shamo
<p>Thank you very much Mica.</p>