Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Customize error messages via RSSE
Belmont
<p>I was wondering if it's possible to throw an exception in the RSSE that could be displayed in iHub? I'd like to replace the default AxisFault error message with something of my own. For example, lets say there's a feature I haven't implemented yet. Instead of getting "3165: Problem with the Report Server Security Extension. Please contact your system administrator.", be able to replace that message with something like "Error: Not yet implemented."</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This would also help with logging in. Instead of getting something like an Axis Code Error -1, I'd replace that error with something along the lines "Invalid username/password"</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any bit of help on that would be appreciated.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>Yes, it is possible. This issue (IHUB-1193) was recently fixed in iHub Release 16.0.1. </p>
Belmont
<p>That's great! Could you point me in the right direction where I can look at documentation for that? That would be very helpful.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you.</p>
Clement Wong
<p>The fix is on the iHub (server) side. There's no documentation because if your RSSE already throws proper exceptions, for example throw new Exception(“error XYZ occurredâ€), then you should see “error XYZ occurredâ€.</p>