Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Truncated decimal and true value
Bruno A
<p>Hi, is it possible to display truncated value of a decimal value but have the true value in the background(when we click on the cell it should show true value).</p>
<p>Example attached. When you click on the cell value, you will see more digits after decimal(actual or true value).</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>If you're using commercial BIRT, you can use this technique with jQuery I just posted for this thread:</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/39653-load-text-data-into-cell-truncated-just-a-few-words-thenmore/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/39653-load-text-data-into-cell-truncated-just-a-few-words-thenmore/</a></p>
;
Bruno A
<p>Hi Clement, sorry for late reply. The solution you provided is good. Thank you.</p>
<p>Also I tried to play around with the properties of the Data control and selected decimal places as 2 and rounding mode as 'Unnecessary'(screenshot attached).</p>
<p>So when I download the report as excel , I see the visual appeal value as 2 and when clicked on the cell, the underlying value has the actual/full decimal value which is exactly what I wanted.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you.</p>