Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
iHub Permissions Error
Belmont
<p>My co-worker created a folder out in iHub. When clicking on that folder in the main window, we get an error:</p>
<p>3072: Cannot find the specified file or folder, or you do not have permission to access it.<br>
Parameter1 = /Applications/SJFTest/index.html</p>
<p>Parameter1=/Applications/SJFTest/index.html</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This error happens to him and myself, when we both should be able to access it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>However, when clicking on that folder on the side bar, it lets us into the folder with no issue whatsoever. I attached an image to give a better visual representation. I was hoping to find out if there was any possible reasons as to why this is occurring.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We are using iHub 3.1.1 and a customized RSSE. </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When you click on the folder in the main window, iHub tries to run the file index.html. The behavior is different if you click on the same folder from the tree view; it will open the folder without running index.html.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Take a look at the privileges for the file index.html in your folder and make sure it has View, Read and Execute privileges for the user(s) or group(s) that need to run this application.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
Belmont
<p>That does help, actually. Though that raises another question. How exactly could I access index.html from iHub to modify the permissions? When I can get in the folder using the sidebar, the only visible contents in that folder is a couple of report design files and PDFs that we generated. I don't see any sign of an index.html. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have tried selecting the share button on that folder itself and modifying permissions through there, and giving every user group complete access to the folder, and also applying these permissions to the contents of the folder, but that didn't seem to work.</p>
Belmont
<p>Nevermind, I figured it out. When clicking on the folder in the main window, without highlighting the arrow, it runs the folder as an application. And since there was no index.html file in there, it couldn't find anything, so there was no application to run. But if I highlight the arrow of the folder and click on 'Open Folder', then it opens it up without trying to run anything. I understand now.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks, Pierre!</p>
pricher
<p>From what I can read, you probably have created the SJFTest folder directly in iHub. That would explain why index.html is not to be found.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Index.html is a file that is created automatically when you create a new BIRT project in the Designer. This file is a stub for a landing page that is called by iHub after you publish the project from the Designer. When you publish a project from the Designer, the project gets copied directly into the Applications folder in iHub. In other words, if you create project SJFTest in the Designer, you will have an index.html file; and when you publish the project to iHub, the project will be created as a subfolder of Applications, and index.html will be executed when you click on the SFJTest folder in the main window.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this becomes a bit clearer now!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>