Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT report from Maximo - list box of vendors
JagannathaSuta
<p>Hi Everyone,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am trying to develop a report using BIRT (Eclipse) 3.7.1, specifically creating a parameter that has a list of vendors that the user can select at run time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have the query that I can set up as a second dataset, my problem is there are 10,388 items returned by the query.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Question: what would be the best approach to have this dataset loaded into the report at run time?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would like the user to select either one or multiple "Vendors".</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
wwilliams
<p>Are you unable to use a Maximo lookup? 10k vendors is a big list. So you need the user to negotiate that whole list each time?</p>
JagannathaSuta
<p>Or maybe have a dynamic query that returns results as the user is typing????</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I understand that the list is huge, so how can we get around the user requrement to have the list exposed to them for selection???</p>
wwilliams
<p>You can filter a Maximo lookup</p>