Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Getting iHub folder information from report design
NielsP
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am wondering what my possibilities are regarding extracting folder and file information from the iHub 3.1.1 from a report design.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ideally I would like to list the contents of a directory from inside a report design. Is this possible to do?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For example if I have an application in /Applications/MyApp and a directory in /Applications/MyApp/images. Can I with scripting list the path of these images inside the report design (/Applications/MyApp/Report.rptdesign)?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Niels</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>Niels,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Look at this recent post I replied in:</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/27630-jsapi-to-get-list-of-reports/?p=145959'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/27630-jsapi-to-get-list-of-reports/?p=145959</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>The sample uses IDAPI's getFolderItems to list out the files and folders via the Web Services ODA.</p>
NielsP
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Clement Wong" data-cid="146036" data-time="1479503668">
<div>
<p>Niels,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Look at this recent post I replied in:</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/27630-jsapi-to-get-list-of-reports/?p=145959'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/27630-jsapi-to-get-list-of-reports/?p=145959</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>The sample uses IDAPI's getFolderItems to list out the files and folders via the Web Services ODA.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Hello Clement,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you very much for this. It is exactly what I need.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there anyway I can run this from the designer too? As far as I can see, it uses the auth ID of the current session in the iHub.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is it possible to create an auth ID from within the report?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Niels</p>