Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Filtering data in one DS based on data from another DS
hedgehog
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm using data set DS1 when selecting a parameter MASTER. Based on that choice I need to get values for</p>
<p>all SLAVES from this DS1 and use it for filtering a DS2.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In DS2 I have only information about SLAVES and I don't have the MASTERs available.</p>
<p>I know how to filter the DS2 (on Prepare), but I don't know how to get the values for all SLAVES</p>
<p>from the DS1 and when - in the initialize script?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you very much for your help,</p>
<p>Lucy</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
hedgehog
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>maybe an example will help.</p>
<p>In DS1 I have columns GROUP and PART. Each GROUP has several PARTS.</p>
<p>In DS2 I have column PART and may other columns. There is not the column GROUP.</p>
<p>I can not join the DSs, because it is taking to long.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The user want to select parameter GROUP from DS1. I need to filter the DS2 based on</p>
<p>PARTS belonging to selected GROUP. At some point (before filtering the DS2) I need to load</p>
<p>the PARTS from DS1 so that I can use them for filtering.</p>
<p>And I don't know how to access the DS1 and when?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you in advance for your help,</p>
<p>Lucy</p>
CodeRookie
<p>Lucy,</p>
<p>Good morning! I just finished a project that had almost the same function as what you are describing. The way I handled it was to use a drillthrough on the first report to pass the needed parameters (or filters) to a second report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm going to attach two report designs for you to take a look at and see if they may help.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
hedgehog
<p>Hello Scott,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thank you very much for your reply. I don't need to drill through, I have only one report.</p>
<p>So, DS1 is used for parameter selection - parameter GROUP and DS2 should be filtered according to PARTS in this group.</p>
<p>But I find the solution
It turn to be easy at the end.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I created a table for DS1, and filtered it based on parameter GROUP. I add a new column to this table and placed</p>
<p>the DS2 there. Then I filter the DS2 using row._outer["PART"]</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a nice day!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Lucy</p>