Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic Page Break Interval
bidig
<p>Hi I have a report with a dynamic datatable. The datatable continues on multiple pages.</p>
<p>I can only set a manual page break interval e.g. 5. Is there a possibility to make the page break interval dynamic? I don’t have groups. Look at the following example:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><u><strong>Page 1</strong></u></p>
<p>page break interval on 5</p>
<p> </p>
<p><u><strong>Page 2</strong></u></p>
<p>page break interval on 2</p>
<p> </p>
<p><u><strong>Page 3</strong></u></p>
<p>page break interval on 10</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you in advance</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>What is the interval (5,2,10) based on? Is it always the same or somehow based on data?</p>
bidig
<p>My actual problem is, I have a grid in my master page with a few of data like name, age, hair color.</p>
<p>In my layout page I have a datatable. The datatable is dynamic, that means, my report could be one page, or two,... It is always different, depending on the data. So the problem is, I would like to display in my first page the whole master page content, and on continuous pages the master page without the hair color. This is very easy, I write a onRender script for the label "hair color" with:</p>
<div> </div>
<div>if( pageNumber > 1 ){</div>
<div>this.getStyle().display = "none";</div>
<div>}</div>
<div> </div>
<div>This doesn't work, if the content of my datatable is too long, for example, the content of the datatable continuous on the second page. The pageNumber is always 1, therefore the pageNumber in my script ist always 1 and acordingly my script doesn't work. Is there maybe a bug, or what could be the problem?</div>
<div> </div>
<div><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Thank you in advance</span></div>
micajblock
<p>I am not clear on what you want on the first page vs. the rest of the pages. Can you provide a mock-up or a screenshot? </p>
bidig
<p>Here are some screenshots, how I would like it.</p>
<p>- The Layout page</p>
<p>- The Master page</p>
<p>- First page how it should be</p>
<p>- NextPage how it should be</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would like display on the first page the whole header, which is on the master page. And on next pages, I would only display the header with First Name, Last Name and Age, without the other text</p>
micajblock
<p>Why not simply have 2 tables in your layout. The first with what is on the master page the second your data table. If you want a page break after the first table it is simply a property on the table.</p>