IPSE NullPointerException

Options
Belmont
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hey there, I was hoping for a bit of guidance with the IPSE. I know when developing the custom security adapter, it requires at least the following methods:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>-A constructor</p>
<p>-authenticate()</p>
<p>-getPassword()</p>
<p>-getUserName()</p>
<p>-getVolumeProfile()</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have all of these implemented, but when I try to directly log in through the information console itself, I get the following error:</p>
<p>java.lang.NullPointerException</p>
<p>at com.actuate.iportal.security.DefaultAccessManager.checkPermission(DefaultAccessManager.java:97), followed by the rest of the error stack trace.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do I have at least the very basic methods in place? Or are there other methods I need to add in order to get the IPSE up and running? My methods seem to end cleanly, so I'm not exactly sure where the issue could lie, and all of the above methods are being called. Also, the authenticate method that's currently in place can differentiate between whether a user is directly logging in through iPortal, or is accessing it through an external application. It almost seems like iHub is trying to grab some information from a method that isn't there, but I'm not sure. I am also extending the com.actuate.iportal.security.iPortalSecurityAdapter class, as stated in the documentation.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm currently using iHub 3.1.1, if that helps.</p>

Comments

• <p>Oh nevermind, I finally solved what the issue was. Apparently in the web/iportal/WEB-INF/ folder, there's a file called volumeProfile.xml. This file needed to be updated to reflect the volumes that I have created. It initially just had the Default Volume in there, but once I added the volumes that use the IPSE, then everything authenticated as it was supposed to. This wasn't exactly noted in the IPSE section of the integration guide for 3.1.1, but hinted at in another chapter entirely. Hopefully this helps anyone who comes across this post.</p>