Can we integrate designs created using Designer Pro(licensed) into java web applications using the A

Anjana_birt
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hello,</p>
<p>We have been using open source BIRT runtime with our java application for some time now. So to extend the usage of BIRT, we were looking at using the licensed commercial Designer which is the Open Text Analytics DEsigner because of the facilities like Dashboards creation,etc.</p>
<p>Based on my search online, what i have found is that these reports created using the licensed version can be deployed only on the ihub servers. But using that ihub server will not suit us.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there a way i can integrate the API's that support the licensed version into my web app?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please let me know different possibilities of doing this because i want to evaluate the usage of the licensed version with our app.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>-Anjana</p>

Comments

• <p>Anjana,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>We have a commercial BIRT Engine that can be licensed and does not require an iHub.  Can you please PM your contact information so that we can have a local account team contact you with the various options available?</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p>Thanks and yes i would like to hear about different options. Can you provide any specific email id to whom i can email my contact details?</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>-Anjana</p>
  • Clement Wong
    Clement Wong E mod
    edited December 6, 2016 #4
    <p>We have account teams worldwide.  Since I don't know your location, the default email address would be <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='mailto:sales@opentext.com?subject=Sales%20Inquiry&body=Name%3A%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%5Binsert%20here%5D%0ACompany%3A%20%20%20%20%5Binsert%20here%5D%0ALocation%3A%20%20%20%20%20%5Binsert%20here%5D%0APhone%3A%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%5Binsert%20here%5D%0AEmail%3A%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%5Binsert%20here%5D%0A%0A'>sales@opentext.com</a>, or you can fill in this contact us form (<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.opentext.com/who-we-are/contact-us/contact-opentext'>http://www.opentext.com/who-we-are/contact-us/contact-opentext</a>). </p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>It would be best if you can you please PM your contact information so that we can have a local account team contact you directly.</p>
  • Anjana_birt
    edited December 12, 2016 #5
    <p>Hi Clement,</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>This is my email:<removed> which the account team can use to get in touch with me and i am from india.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Had a couple of questions too:</p>
    <p>1. If we create a dashboard using the Designer Pro, can the licensed BIRT engine render it?</p>
    <p>2. I see interactivity when i create a chart or table in a dashboard. If i simply use the class Dashboard and use an api to render it, i believe i will have to take care of the interactivity and the interactive features that comes as part of the viewer will not be avaliable?</p>
    <p>3. Can i directly use the viewer class from the java code to make use of the interactivity?</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Thanks,</p>
    <p>Anjana</p>
  • <p>Thanks Anjana.  I have removed your email from your post in case of spammers.</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>We will have a local account team get in touch with you shortly.</p>