Birt 4.4.1 deployment error on Weblogic 12c

Gry
Gry
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>I'm running BIRT 4.4.1.me201412151106 on top of Weblogic 12c. Below error come when I do deployment.</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Illegal char <:> at index 2: \E:\domains\servers\ManagedServerReports\tmp\_WL_user\BirtReportProject\23bewt\war\WEB-INF\report-engine\logs\org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda_2016_11_25_14_27_20.log.lck
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.normalize(WindowsPathParser.java:182)
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(WindowsPathParser.java:153)
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(WindowsPathParser.java:77)
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPath.parse(WindowsPath.java:94)
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystem.getPath(WindowsFileSystem.java:255)
at java.nio.file.Paths.get(Paths.java:84)
at java.util.logging.FileHandler.openFiles(FileHandler.java:453)
at java.util.logging.FileHandler.(FileHandler.java:326)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.utility.LoggingUtil.initFileLogger(LoggingUtil.java:103)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.utility.LoggingUtil.configureLoggers(LoggingUtil.java:76)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.(ReportEngineService.java:229)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.initEngineInstance(ReportEngineService.java:271)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.(BirtViewerReportService.java:83)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtEngineServlet.__init(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.init(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:98)
</pre>
<p>I can remove above error, by replacing viewservlets.jar with the old one ( birt run time 3.7.2 ). however some of the report not running properly.</p>
<p>What else I can check to fix the error ? Kindly help..</p>

Comments

• <p>So that we can try to assist you, and attempt to replicate your issue, what operating system are you using?</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>What version/build of Java?</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>What's the exact version of Weblogic 12c?</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Does this work in any other environment?</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Exactly what steps did you follow to deploy BIRT?</p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Does the out of the box sample report run successfully?</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Gry
    Gry
    edited December 6, 2016 #3
    <p>Hi Clement, my comments inline..</p>
    <p> </p>
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Clement Wong" data-cid="146219" data-time="1480979113">
    <div>
    <p>So that we can try to assist you, and attempt to replicate your issue, what operating system are you using?</p>
    <p><span style="color:#0000ff;">[Gry] Windows Server 2012R2</span></p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>What version/build of Java? </p>
    <p><span style="color:#0000ff;">[Gry] Java 1.8</span></p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>What's the exact version of Weblogic 12c?</p>
    <p><span style="color:#0000ff;">[Gry] 12.1.3.0.0</span></p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Does this work in any other environment?</p>
    <p><span style="color:#0000ff;">[Gry] I haven't try, but if i use BIRT 3.7.2 the deployment is success without error.</span></p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Exactly what steps did you follow to deploy BIRT?</p>
    <p><span style="color:#0000ff;">[Gry] Build as WAR, and use weblogic deployment as usual, no special step</span></p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Does the out of the box sample report run successfully?</p>
    <p><span style="color:#0000ff;">[Gry] This failure comes on deployment steps, so i havent try out of the box test.</span></p>
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p> </p>
    <p>For workaround, I kept the <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">viewservlets.jar from BIRT 3.7.2 </span><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">and I remove 2 lines below inside RunFragment.jsp :</span></p>
    lang="<%= attributeBean.getLanguage() %>"</pre>
    <p>and </p>
    <div>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    <%= attributeBean.getClientInitialize() %>
    </script></pre>
    <p>both lines are not exist in viewservlets.jar from BIRT 3.7.2, so I removed it ( this is the reason the report not running properly )</p>
    <p> </p>
    </div>