Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Beginners Help
voninski
I have only been using Interwoven for a week and our main Interwoven person has just taken off for a couple of weeks so excuse this question if it seems trivial.
I am trying to build a template and have created a datacapture.cfg. I made an entry change to templating.cfg to reflect this new data record. I then goto create a sample data record and when I goto save the entry the system comes back with an error message saying
"the DCR /default/main..... failed to save. Check the path or contact your Teamsite Administrator"
The path listed is correct.
Any ideas on what may be causing this?
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Want advice ? Wait until your admin comes back.
Then get some training
However, if you want help debugging some tips can be offered. But, this is a big gun, if you shoot yourself, not my problem.
Post 3 things are an attachment to a message, the piece of templating.cfg you changed, your datacapture.cfg file, and a long listing (on Unix ls -lR from the templatedata directory)
>I have only been using Interwoven for a week and our main >Interwoven person has just taken off for a couple of weeks >so excuse this question if it seems trivial.
>I am trying to build a template and have created a >datacapture.cfg. I made an entry change to templating.cfg to >reflect this new data record. I then goto create a sample >data record and when I goto save the entry the system >comes back with an error message saying
hemranga
I guess it is some probelm with templating.cfg.
Just copy the previous category peoperly and paste and then make changes as per new category and it should work.
This can be done as a start up and then we can go further debugging if this is done properly
abhishek_gupta
Looks like there is some folder permisionning problems. Check the permisssions on the templatedata folder for the user who is trying to save the file.
AK
Interwoven TeamSite Consultant