when exporting to pdf html tags are acting like space at end of line

David1000
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>I am not sure if this post belongs in this forum or in the designing report forum. Please let me know if you think it is more appropriate in the designing report forum.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using BIRT 4.6.0. My browser is Firefox 50.1.0</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In my report I am using data that has html tags, in particular <b></b> and <i></i>. So I insert a dynamic text element and have the content type set to HTML. The data in the field is long enough that it wraps to another row.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I am ready to print the report I first View report in web viewer. From there I export report using the PDF format and set the Fit To field to actual size. Although view report as pdf replicates the issue I am having.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The Web Viewer report works as expected. But when I export to the pdf there seems to be an issue. The issue is that when the end of a row of data happens to come where an HTML tag occurs this HTML tag appears to be interpreted as a space. Normally this isn't an issue. But I have some commas separating text and these end up getting forced to the next line when the HTML tag is at the end of the line. Therefore the comma is isolated on its own line. This doesn't show in the web viewer but does in the pdf.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This is difficult to explain so I am attaching a report that uses the sample Classic Models database. I have created two data fields, one with html tags and one without html tags. I am also attaching a pdf of the results. In the PDF note how the data associated with Michael Frick displays. In the line that doesn't use html tags you can see the last "USA," of the row gets pushed into the next row. In the line that uses html tags the "USA" remains on the last line and the "," gets pushed into the next row creating an isolated comma.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there some way I solve this problem? Thanks.</p>