ThomasPz
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
<p>Hallo,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have some generell Question for best practice to create large Reports.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We generate large Reports with 200 Pages and more.</p>
<p>The Layout is like a complex Word Document or product leaflet.</p>
<p>Our technical way is to design little Parts of the document in separate rptdesign Files.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Each report ist a little Part of the whole End-Document.</p>
<p>Each Report would separatly rendered to PDFs (or Docx; pptx) and than all parts would merged</p>
<p>together to one big PDF (docx,pptx).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This give us the advantage, that many developers could work on separate parts of the resulting document. Each part could edited "very fast" in birt, because there are not so many elements. You could managed the little part very good.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The disadvantage is, that we have compilicated mechanism for merging,</p>
<p>own solution for generating the TOC of the separate Parts. Examine the pagecount of the generated Parts and generating the Pagenumber on the separate generated Parts.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have created some bigger Reports too, but if I have many Grids and Tables, the designer slows down. I lost the overview over the document because it gets complex and so on. So I think it wouldn't work with greate Report-Designs.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, my Question is:</p>
<p>Does anyone creates similar complex documents? How do you create this reports. How do you create TOCs and Pagenumbers (Birt way, own solution). Are there any best practice or Documents how to design and work with large Reports?</p>

Comments