Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Issue with using Excel file as a data source
CodeRookie
<p>Hi, all!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm working on a report design that we brought over from iServer to iHub. It worked just fine in the old environment, but now is giving me fits trying to get it to run. I can ping the needed Excel file just fine. I can get the correct columns selected for the first data set...... BUT, when I try to select the columns for the second data set, I get the error: "<strong>Invalid data type name:COLUMN_4</strong>". No idea where this is coming from. Any thoughts?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a great day!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Scott</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CodeRookie
<p>Found the issue...... Buried <strong><em>WAY</em></strong> down the 4th column, was a cell that contained <strong>",,,"</strong>. Once I deleted that, it quit throwing the error.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Scott</p>
CodeRookie
<p>So, now I'm coming up with a new error which I can't decipher......</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.api.AdapterException: An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:</strong></p>
<div><strong>A BIRT exception occurred. See next exception for more information.</strong></div>
<div><strong>839</strong></div>
<div> </div>
<div>Why does this happen on Friday?????</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Scott</div>
CodeRookie
<p>A little more info on this, the above error is thrown when I try to 'Preview Results' on a joined data set.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Scott</p>