Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Error when trying to save DCR
abyrd
When trying to save a DCR with a file name that has previously existed, I get the following error: "This file is not accessible." (i.e. - If a file once existed called 'SysTest', but has since been deleted and the deletion submitted to STAGING, I cannot save a new file called 'SysTest' in the same directory.) Is this a known bug or is there something I'm missing?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
hemranga
As far as i know it is not a bug in Teamsite. May be you need to reset the UI and then try. Try also deleting cache from Browser.
hemanth
nipper
Are you certain the deletion was submitted to Staging ? Have you looked at Staging to verify it is not there. 99% of the time I see this problem, the deletion was stooped in WF due to a conflict.
Check Staging (again)
Andy
abyrd
The deletion was submitted to STAGING. I cannot find any 'remnants' of this file anywhere.
abyrd
I deleted my browser cache and verified the deleted file is no longer in STAGING. Still getting the error message.
Adam Stoller
Please contact Interwoven Support and provide them details about your installation (version, patches, service packs, platform, etc). I believe there was a problem with persistant knowledge of files that was either fixed or for which there a configuration option exists to enable/disable. It sounds like this is the issue you are having and they should be able to assist you in further diagnosing and resolving the issue.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
Hi,
I am similar kind of issue. Have you resolved this issue.Pls. let me know what is solution for this ?
Thanx in advance
Migrateduser
Hi,
I getting the same error, "The File is not accessible" when I tried to save a dcr with one that was previously deleted.
Did you ever get this error resolved?
Thanks,
Annie
gzevin
it's a well known issue, I thought it was resolved, though....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
abyrd
I did not get it resolved, but I do know why the error is being thrown. Basically, the original file is not really deleted from the file system (although you can no longer see it in TeamSite).
I think you could create an empty file of the same name on your local pc and upload it directly to the directory it was originally located in TS. When you open it in TS, it will be a duplicate of the original (same content, etc).
Not sure if this issue was ever fixed in any of the patches.
Migrateduser
Can you please tell me the method you are using to Delete the File/DCR
1) filesystem
2) "Delete" Option
3) "Delete DCR" Option
Also TS version, platform and SP Level
This looks like a Known Bug but I would like to have to info above in order to find an ETA for a fix for everyone.
Yes the workaround is as follows:
create a blank file of the same name as the deleted file/dcr, view history on the file, revert to the last good version and then use save/saveas to choose the dcr and overwrite when requested.
Then use a different method such as Delete Dcr if Delete did not work , or delete it from the filesystem, then submit
Mike Villa
IWOV Support
Vishakha
I think one of the ways to resolve the problem would be restoring the deleted file. In the view menu of the professional interface there is an option "All and Deleted Files".Click on that.In the list you can get your deleted filename in gray.Against that there wud be a restore option clicking on which ur file will be restored.Now u can overwrite your file.Please reply if this thing works.