Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Display Image in Report Footer
Nancy Stanger
<p>I am trying to create a report that is grouped. Each group starts on a new page. The master page has a footer that is an image. The footer of the master page is only to print on the final page of each group.</p>
<p>
e.g. the report output is a letter that can have 1 or multiple pages. There is a grouping for each recipient of the letter. If the letter is only 1 page long the master page footer image will show on the bottom of the page. If the letter is 2 or more pages long the master page footer image will only show on the last page of the letter.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>BIRT has SimpleMasterPage element that has a header/footer property that allows me to check 'show header on first page' and 'show footer on last page'. I thought that this would do exactly what I want but the image in the master page footer still shows on every page. I have attached the xml for the master page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please tell me if I am approaching this in the correct way and how to fix my problem or let me know if there is a better way.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you for your help,</p>
<p>Nancy</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Avishak
<p>Hi Nancy,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As per my understanding i have created sample rptdesign attached to the post using classic model DB.</p>
<p>The approach i have considered is applying page break on grouping and Group footer inserting an image.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Feel free to modify as per your requirement. Do let me know if this satisfies your requirement or not.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank's,</p>
<p>Avi</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Avishak
<p>please ignore the last attachment.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Nancy Stanger
<p>Thanks, Avi.</p>
<p>I cannot access your sample report because my version of BIRT is 2.6.2 and the version that you provided is 3.2.23. </p>
<p>Your approach is one that I have tried and it does work for me. However the problem that I have with this approach is that the image is required to display in a fixed position at the bottom of the page on the last page of the report. Using the approach of putting the image in the group footer I am getting the image displayed just following the last text of the group and that could be in the middle of the page. Do you know a way that I can set the location of the image?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Nancy</p>