Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to keep number formatting with Excel output?
Elja
<p>Hey.</p>
<p>Is there a way to keep the number formatting of a Birt report when exported in Excel (xlsx)?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In Birt I use this following format:</p>
<p>Format Number</p>
<p>* Format as: Fixed</p>
<p>* Locale: English</p>
<p>Fixed settings</p>
<p>* Decimal Places: 2</p>
<p>* Rounding mode: Half up</p>
<p>+ Use 1000s separator</p>
<p>Preview with format: 1,234.56</p>
<p> </p>
<p>With PDF and Word, the format seems to stay, but when exported in excel, the format is not the English style anymore.</p>
<p>It switches back to default Finnish style: 1 234,56.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So: is there a possibility to bend Excel to keep the formatting given in Birt?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>- Elja.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>What version and which emitter are you using?</p>
Sushma Gampa
<p>Hi, </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I too have the same problem.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I think org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.prototype.excel_4.4.2.v201410272105 is the default emitter used. I could find the spudsoft plugin under my eclipse plugins but ,could find reference to the prototype excel emitter in the plugin.xml of the birt-runtime.jar</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any advise is greatly appreciated.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Sushma</p>