Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Pull Columns based on Filter
royaditya
<p>All, Need a help i designing the report. We have a table with 20 columns in it. 20th column is PRODUCT_TYPE which has PRODUCT A , PRODUCT B, PRODUCT C and it is a report parameter. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I select PROGRAM A , it should pull COLUMN 1 to COLUMN 8. </p>
<p>When I select PROGRAM B, it should pull COLUMN 9 to COLUMN 15.</p>
<p>When I select PROGRAM C, it should pull COLUMN 16 to COLUMN 20.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How do I design the report. I did a crosstab but 20 columns do not fit in it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>ANY HELP IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Andy</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>One simple option would be to have 3 data sets and 3 tables. Based on the parameter you drop the tables in the beforeFactory of the report. If the table is dropped the data set will not be executed. Simple example here - <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/1069-simple-example-of-dropping-a-tablechart/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/1069-simple-example-of-dropping-a-tablechart/</a></p>
;
royaditya
<p>Thanks Mica. Appreciate your help. One more question. So there would be one report right? its a crosstab one and having so many columns do not fit in one page.</p>
micajblock
<p>Yes, one report. I am not clear on what your required output is. Can you be more specific?</p>