Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
how to implement auto select option in BIRT parameter window?
shanikayrs
<p style="font-size:15px;color:rgb(36,39,41);font-family:Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif;">I am new to BIRT reporting. I have following requirement</p>
<p style="font-size:15px;color:rgb(36,39,41);font-family:Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif;">I want to load list of customer in BIRT parameter selection window. I have more than 3000++ customers to load. Hence our team came to a conclusion , to give a searchable text box in parameter window and once user type few character of customer name and press search button/hit enter, Then it will load the filtered set of customer matching with the name as a cascading drop down below the search box.</p>
<ol><li>How I can do this in BIRT report?</li>
</ol><p style="font-size:15px;color:rgb(36,39,41);font-family:Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif;">Thank you</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>BIRT Open Source does not have an Auto Suggest text box parameter. (This type of parameter is available in the commercial version of BIRT available from <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.opentext.com/what-we-do/products/analytics/opentext-analytics-product-downloads/analytics-designer-download'>OpenText</a>.)</p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>A good workaround in BIRT O/S is to use a cascading parameter group with 2 parameters. The top parameter is a drop-down list of initials from you customer list, while the second parameter is a list of customer name. This will make navigating a 3000-name list a lot easier.</p>
<p>