Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Execute script if cancel button pressed
Dunken
<p>I would like to execute a script in case I press the cancel button in a parameter dialog. How can I do that? How to I get to know which button has been pressed?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Currently I just get an empty page if the cancel button has been pressed...</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>What version of BIRT are you using? Also, Open Source, or Commercial BIRT?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What kind of a script? JavaScript?</p>
Dunken
<p>I'm using the latest Open Source version (4.6). I'd like to execute a BIRT script (=JavaScript ?)...</p>
Clement Wong
<p>We can execute a JavaScript client side when the Cancel button is pushed, but there isn't an event (like in beforeFactory or beforeOpen) where you can add logic to the report itself to detect if the Cancel button is pushed.</p>
Dunken
<p>Hmmm... okay, yes I've been looking for such an event. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>In case someone presses the Cancel button I would like to go back to a certain page... looks like I have to take advantage of client side JS. Too bad...</p>