Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Invalid workflow . . . Failure in operation
B80116
We are using TeamSite 5.5.2, SP2. Yesterday we began getting a pop-up error message in the TeamSite GUI whenever we clicked the Submit button to move files from a workarea to staging:
Invalid workflow
no element found at line 1
ERROR: 00001: Failure in operation
This happened across all branches and workareas, and for editors as well as masters. Clicking the Submit button invokes a workflow, different workflows for different branches. No workflow modifications have been made for some time, and submits had been working fine until suddenly this error appeared.
Our TS administrator did a reset -a on the server, and that appears to have remedied the problem. But it would be nice to know what caused it. Can anyone offer any insights into why this occurred?
I found some references in the forums to similar problems, but no explanation for the problem seems to have been recorded.
Thanks for any info you can provide.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Please post, as an attachment, the actual wft file associated with the workflow you are trying to run.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
B80116
Attached is the wft for a workflow which is trying to run when we get the error:
Adam Stoller
I suggest using an editor (or filtering) on the file to remove all the ^M's - they seem to be somewhat sporadic which would indicate that this has been edited by different people and/or via different editors and/or in different environments.
More often than not, the presence of these characters prohibit clean parsing of the file and result in error messages.
Let us know if that helps.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
B80116
Thanks for the suggestion. I've been sidetracked with another issue at the moment, but I'll post back with what I eventually find out for this one. I appreciate your time.
B80116
It appears that our "invalid workflow" problem was caused by a lack of disk space on our TeamSite server. Apparently we had a huge volume of OpenDeploy log files accumulating.
The log files have been brought under control, and the workflows are once again functioning.
Edited by B80116 on 08/29/03 11:31 AM (server time).