Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
conditional SQL query in report DataSet
ramanareddy438
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to add a condition based on the value of the report parameter. Like if the parameter value is null, don't include the condition, otherwise, add the condition. Please refer the attached image where I want to add the condition. In the screenshot, <span style="background-color:rgb(243,168,163);">I</span> want to add column2 condition if the report parameter is not null. Please help me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Ramana Reddy</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
sureshpulapalli
<p>Hi Ramana,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>you can update the query in beforeOpen() method of the dataset. here is the sample code, hope this will help.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<div>var qry=this.queryText;</div>
<div> </div>
<div>if (params["customerNumber"].value !=null && params["customerNumber"].value!="")</div>
<div>qry=qry + " where CUSTOMERNUMBER="+params["customerNumber"].value;</div>
<div> </div>
<div>this.queryText=qry;</div>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>customerNumber </strong>is report Parameter.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Suresh</p>