Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to Merge columns in Birt
Alex Zot
<p>Hi everyone,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have to create a report that has needs different columns that need different datasets. So every columns consists a count sql statement and a date. With a scripted data set I create a date column and try to join the the other datasets with a lot of joint datasets together.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But this does not work on the test stage because whenever I join a scripted dataset with a sql dataset the scripted datasource handler is not called which would correct the jndi name string.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So I do need an alternative idea of how to merge columns without joint dataset.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you in Advance!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
SailRCG
<p>This sounds like a case for a nested table. You are able to create the effect by a single column table nested inside of your desired column of the containing table. You will need to use a table filter definition to ensure you maintain relevancy/connection. Additionally you will need to pay very close attention to padding to create a seamless look & feel. </p>
Alex Zot
<p>Thank your for your answer,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>the problem is, that I have an sql that gets me counts grouped by days. The scripted dataset generates a time collum and if I don´t merge the two The time collum still has let´s say 31 days for a month and the sql only gives values for 3 days because on the other days there is no data. So I don´t really see how nested tables could help there.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Example:</p>
<p>Parameter:</p>
<p>from: 2017-02-01</p>
<p>to: 2017-02-07</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The scripted data set gives me</p>
<p>2017-02-01</p>
<p>2017-02-02</p>
<p>2017-02-03</p>
<p>2017-02-03</p>
<p>2017-02-04</p>
<p>2017-02-05</p>
<p>2017-02-06</p>
<p>2017-02-07</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But the sql dataset gives me</p>
<p>Date | count</p>
<p>2017-02-01 | 1</p>
<p>2017-02-05 | 3</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So I do need to merge it but I don´t how to make this work with birt</p>