Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Bar chart report series values
sivagv1
<p>Hello,<br>
<br>
I am very new to birt reporting, I have a bar chart report like this<br>
<br>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Assuming you have Series1 and Series2 as two columns in your data set:</p>
<p>
sivagv1
<p>Hi Richer,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for the reply, I have followed the steps suggested by you.</p>
<p>But it is not displaying the expected results.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you share more details about your data? It's hard to diagnose by just looking at the screenshot.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
sivagv1
<p>Hi,<br>
<br>
Here is my query to get the data for chart<br>
</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
select 'YES' compliance, to_date(to_char(targcompdate, 'Mon YY'), 'Mon YY') month,
1 as compcnt, 1 as totcomp from workorder wher clause....
Union
select 'NO' compliance, to_date(to_char(targcompdate, 'Mon YY'), 'Mon YY') month,
0 as compcnt, 1 as totcomp from workorder where clause...</pre>
<p>Category X-Axis : row["month"] grouping on MONTH</p>
<p>Y-Axis Series-1 : row["totcomp"]</p>
<p> Series-2: row["compcnt"]</p>
<p> </p>
<p>and I have given ( row["compcnt"]/ row["totcomp"])*100 for secondary Y-Axis and it is not giving the expected results.</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My example worked with data already aggregated in the query. If you rely on BIRT to aggregate your data, then this modified example will help you.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In this new example, DataSet1 does not aggregate Series1 and Series2. I create a hidden table, grouped on Order Date, where I create SUM aggregations for Series1 and Series2 at the Order Date level. In the chart, use data coming from the hidden table (you have to name the table, in this case MyTable) and use the group and aggregations created in the table.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
sivagv1
<p>Thank you, it really helped me.</p>