Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cannot set boolean value to parameter
engineero73
<p>Hello everyone,</p>
<p> </p>
<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12.8px;">I have an issue that I can't seem to resolve despite repeated efforts. </div>
<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12.8px;">When I run my BIRT report, I get an error that says I can't set a boolean value to a report parameter (attached jpg snapshot of the error message and report design file).</div>
<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12.8px;"> </div>
<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12.8px;">Thanks for your help!</div>
<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12.8px;"> </div>
<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12.8px;"> </div>
<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12.8px;">I have an issue that I can't seem to resolve despite repeated efforts. </div>
<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12.8px;">When I run my BIRT report, I get the following screen.</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You have an unbalanced number of parameters in data set OR51LLC. Your query has only one parameter placeholder (the question mark in the list of parameters):</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:#b22222;"><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;"><strong>{call MAVES.RPT_OR51LLC('L1',?,0,0,0)} </strong></span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>However, you have 4 parameters defined:</p>
<p>
engineero73
<p>I need all the parameters..<br>
<br>
When I try to set the three zero parameters as '?' ,it just reverts back to zeros again (after I click refresh on the data set, OR51LLC). <br>
<br>
Also, I've linked all report parameters. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>After making these changes, I get a new exception (see BIRT excception jpg file attached). </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've also attached the report design file.</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Maybe this <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://ittektalk.blogspot.ca/2014/05/birt-report-use-oracle-stored-procedure-as-a-dataset.html'>post
</a>will help you. It is a short tutorial on how to use Oracle SPs in BIRT. Notice that you will need to create a data set parameter of type Output to consume the data coming from the SP as SYS_REFCURSOR.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
engineero73
<p>Will this work on a DB2 database?</p>
pricher
<p>Sorry, I was under the impression you were running the query on Oracle... Cannot help you much more since I don't have access to a DB2 instance.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>