Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Summarizing Status column
shweta14
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am a newbie in BIRT and have just started working on a report. Below is the final layout of report that I am working on and I am not sure <strong>how to deduce </strong>the <strong>overAll status </strong>for each entry under Col1. Basically we need to summarize the status of all the entries belonging to A1 and if there is any 'Fail' in there, then the overAll status is to be marked as <u>Fail</u>. The examples that I have seen in other topics deal with Aggregation/sum of integers. I haven't come across any thing which deals with String. Would really appreciate any help with this.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Col1 Col2 Status</p>
<p>...............................................</p>
<p>A1 B1 Pass</p>
<p> B2 Fail</p>
<p> B3 Pass</p>
<p>........................................</p>
<p> <strong>OverAll </strong>Fail</p>
<p>.........................................</p>
<p>A2 B1 Pass</p>
<p>.......................................</p>
<p> <strong>OverAll </strong>Pass</p>
<p>........................................</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>Shwt</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You can do this by concatenating the values of "Status" for each "Col1" grouping, then testing for the presence of string "Fail" in the concatenation.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. Create the aggregation that will concatenate "Status":</p>
<p>
shweta14
<p>It worked!
Thanks a lot Pricher.. Its an add-on to my learning in the BIRT area. I wasn't aware we can use an Aggregation as an interim means and its not necessary to have that as a field on the report.</p>