Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Default date is set to 01/01/1
Radu Maftei
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a problem with an BIRT Report on version 4.6.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have some columns which have dates. On preview the dates are showing and where there exists no date the field is empty.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When i run the report instead on an empty field (at those specific columns), it displays 01/01/1.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So I tried to map the cells in my CROSSTAB to display empty field where 01/01/1 exists (with match).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>That works, but there is a problem, every date that starts with 01/01/x (Eg: 01/01/2015) is also recognized as an 01/01/1 so it emptys the field for those values too(which exists in the database fields on the preview).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Has anyone encountered this.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Note: I cannot convert those columns to String, because I have to export them to xls after, so that the filter of excel should recognize those columns as type Date.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>There are a few options, you can do either:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. Filter the null values at the data set level. Either use a filter, or change your query that excludes those null values.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2. Add a Filter on the Crosstab report item. The Target would be your Date field, the expression would be:</p>
<p>data["theDateColumn"] Greater Than BirtDateTime.date(1,1,1)</p>
Radu Maftei
<p>Hi Clement,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank for you response.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In some strange way, the empty fields were not recognized as NULL in the crosstab. So what I did it was to map the field to empty where date is lower than 01/01/1970. It worked like this.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks again.</p>