Home Analytics Developing analytics applications
The community of Analytics developers are invited to follow and participate in the developer network.
OpenText technical experts collaborate with supported customers and partners in the Magellan product area.

BIRT 4.5.0 Variables set in onPrepare script missing

<p>Hi everyone</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My problem is pretty fast explained and hopefully the solution is as easy. If not I gladly provide more information.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I upgraded from BIRT 2.6.1 (osgi platform) to BIRT 4.5.0 (osgi platform) and it works (JBoss AS 7 Deployment).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>BUT</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As i ran the first reports I got some errors, problem is that we define variables in the "onPrepare" script of library elements and this seems not to work anymore... if i remove the library element (its a Grid as root element) which causes the error the report is successfully rendered.</p>
<p>Also if i put the script from onPrepare (Grid element as root) into a dynamic text at the beginning of the library element it works.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So the question is, have there been changes to the variable scopes...? Or am I doing something wrong or do i miss a configuration or whatever?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>kind regards</p>
<p>christoph3k</p>
<p> </p>