Home Analytics Developing analytics applications
The community of Analytics developers are invited to follow and participate in the developer network.
OpenText technical experts collaborate with supported customers and partners in the Magellan product area.

Grouping and Aggregations on Data Set

<p>Hi Team,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am back with new Query.. :angry:  ^_^  :o</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can we apply grouping  and aggregations on Data Set / Join Set? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Business Case :</p>
<ul><li>I have two Data Sets - Data Set1 and Data Set2</li>
<li>Join will get a specific columns from two data sets and one computed column (<span style="color:#000000;"><span style="font-family:calibri, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">AccrualAmt</span></span></span>) to get the sum(<span style="color:#000000;"><span style="font-family:calibri, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Product Acct Bal</span></span></span>) group by Deal ID,  which(<span style="color:#000000;"><span style="font-family:calibri, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">AccrualAmt</span></span></span>) internally used to  create few more computed columns.</li>
<li>As per my knowledge we can create a aggregation functions in layout (Drag and drop the join) and can create a computed filed (<span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:calibri, sans-serif;font-size:13.3333px;">AccrualAmt</span>) in the layout itself instead of at join level. But i have no idea how to pass the new filed "<span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:calibri, sans-serif;font-size:13.3333px;">AccrualAmt</span>" values to the next computed columns in the layout designer. </li>
</ul><p>Is there any way to handle this either at join / Data set or layout level? Waiting for your valuable suggestions.... :)  :)  :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>- Ravi</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Comments

• edited March 13, 2017
    <p>Either I do not understand the question, or you are missing a basic point in BIRT. Once a computed column is created, it is available in all expression dialogs under 'Available Column Bindings'. So if you drag a data item (or an aggregation) and then in the expression builder select the 'Available Column Bindings', you will see your new field 'AccrualAmt'.</p>