Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Filter SQL Server query with mysql query results
darklomba
<p>Hi guys, believe me I've been trying the last week to achieve this using differents solutions that have already been proposed in this forum.</p>
<p> </p>
<div><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/33270-how-to-populate-array-dynamically-from-birt-dataset-and-store-array-in-reportcontext-pgv/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/33270-how-to-populate-array-dynamically-from-birt-dataset-and-store-array-in-reportcontext-pgv/</a></div>
;
<div><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/20312-set-and-get-persistentglobalvariable/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/20312-set-and-get-persistentglobalvariable/</a></div>
;
<div><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35095-using-one-dataset-to-filter-another-dataset-or-table/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35095-using-one-dataset-to-filter-another-dataset-or-table/</a></div>
;
<div><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35185-reading-values-from-a-table-into-an-array/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35185-reading-values-from-a-table-into-an-array/</a></div>
;
<div> </div>
<div>I tried everything but it seems I can't get this right</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>What I need is to use something like
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-sql _linenums:1">
Select * From Database2
WHERE id IN (Select id from Database1 where ...)
</pre>
<p>The thing is that database2 is a SQL Server db and Database1 is a mysql db.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If I do this using a joint datase performance is really poor, because I have to bring all Database2 records from one querty and then do an INNER JOIN joint dataset.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Maybe someone has already found a simple solution to this. If so, any help would be appreciated.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance!</p>
</div>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>This one is the method you want - <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35095-using-one-dataset-to-filter-another-dataset-or-table/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35095-using-one-dataset-to-filter-another-dataset-or-table/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Why is this not working for you?</p>
darklomba
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="147230" data-time="1490796217">
<div>
<p>This one is the method you want - <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35095-using-one-dataset-to-filter-another-dataset-or-table/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35095-using-one-dataset-to-filter-another-dataset-or-table/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Why is this not working for you?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>I checked it and it's working now, but only if I pass a a single value.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm going to try to create an text string, in comma separated format, to pass the results from the first dataset as an ids array to filter the 2nd.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your reply! </p>
micajblock
<p>if the second value is a string remember each value needs to be in quotes.</p>