Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Implementing page breaks in HTML report
anjann
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am designing a BIRT report containing 20 rows and want to view the output as HTML. I want to have page break in the report containing 5 breaks 4 rows in each section and header repeated. Any suggestion on how to implement that. In a thread I saw that HTML does not support page break. Any suggestion please.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>What version of BIRT? Commercial, or open source?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In commercial BIRT, I created the attached report setting a Page Break on the Table after 5 rows, and the Header repeated. Then, in the Designer, I viewed in HTML format, you'll see that page breaks are added in. I've included the final output (.htm) for reference. Internally, it performs a run and then render task.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Running the same report in open source BIRT Designer using /run and /preview, there are no page breaks and repeated headers because the 'runandrender' task does not support pagination. If you use /frameset (which uses separate run and render tasks), you won't be able to use the HTML only format. You won't be able to specify &__format=html like you can do with PDF &__format=pdf.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For open source, you'll need to roll your own run and then render to HTML if you want pagination. Or modify the base viewer.</p>
anjann
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Clement Wong" data-cid="147339" data-time="1492112771">
<div>
<p>What version of BIRT? Commercial, or open source?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In commercial BIRT, I created the attached report setting a Page Break on the Table after 5 rows, and the Header repeated. Then, in the Designer, I viewed in HTML format, you'll see that page breaks are added in. I've included the final output (.htm) for reference. Internally, it performs a run and then render task.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Running the same report in open source BIRT Designer using /run and /preview, there are no page breaks and repeated headers because the 'runandrender' task does not support pagination. If you use /frameset (which uses separate run and render tasks), you won't be able to use the HTML only format. You won't be able to specify &__format=html like you can do with PDF &__format=pdf.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For open source, you'll need to roll your own run and then render to HTML if you want pagination. Or modify the base viewer.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Thanks for the advice. I am using opensource BIRT.</p>