Home Analytics Developing analytics applications
The community of Analytics developers are invited to follow and participate in the developer network.
OpenText technical experts collaborate with supported customers and partners in the Magellan product area.

Buiding Eclipse BIRT using maven on linux/windows

<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am having trouble in building birt using maven as mentioned in the readme.md file on the github repository. I have tried performing the following steps with required environments on windows 64- bit machine and linux 32 bit machine:</p>
<p> </p>
<p style="color:rgb(36,41,46);font-family:'-apple-system', BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, 'Apple Color Emoji', 'Segoe UI Emoji', 'Segoe UI Symbol';font-size:16px;">The open source Eclipse BIRT reporting and data visualization project.</p>
<p style="color:rgb(36,41,46);font-family:'-apple-system', BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, 'Apple Color Emoji', 'Segoe UI Emoji', 'Segoe UI Symbol';font-size:16px;">##Building BIRT BIRT is build using [Apache Maven] (<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://maven.apache.org/'>http://maven.apache.org</a>). To build BIRT with latest Eclipse platform, run:</p>
<p>mvn package -DskipTests </p>
<br><p style="color:rgb(36,41,46);font-family:'-apple-system', BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, 'Apple Color Emoji', 'Segoe UI Emoji', 'Segoe UI Symbol';font-size:16px;">To build BIRT with Eclipse Neon, run:</p>
<p>mvn package -Pneon -DskipTests</p>
<br><p style="color:rgb(36,41,46);font-family:'-apple-system', BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, 'Apple Color Emoji', 'Segoe UI Emoji', 'Segoe UI Symbol';font-size:16px;">To build BIRT with Eclipse Mars, run:</p>
<p>mvn package -Pmars -DskipTests</p>
<p style="color:rgb(36,41,46);font-family:'-apple-system', BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, 'Apple Color Emoji', 'Segoe UI Emoji', 'Segoe UI Symbol';font-size:16px;">###Building environment JDK 1.8</p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(36,41,46);font-family:'-apple-system', BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, 'Apple Color Emoji', 'Segoe UI Emoji', 'Segoe UI Symbol';font-size:16px;">Maven 3.3.1 or 3.3.3</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have attached the error as a .doc file. Can I  get correct steps to run birt on eclipse as maven project.</p>

Comments