Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using the IRR function in BIRT with a dataset
crreid13
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a dataset that returns beginning value, cash flows and an ending value and I would like to use the BIRT IRR function. How would I go about doing this? I tried Finance.irr(dataSetRow["ncf"],0.1) to no avail. Any help would be great.</p>
<p>
Thanks</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you want to use the Finance.irr function, keep in mind that its first argument must be an array of Doubles. So, for an array defined like this:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">
ncf = [-7500, 3000, 5000, 1200, 4000];
</pre>
<p>The Expression will be:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">
Finance.irr(ncf, 0.1)
</pre>
<p>If ncf is a column in your data set, another solution is to use an aggregation and define it like this:</p>
<p>