Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Select only the numeric values before - in string
v-2muda
<div>I have a string which has numeric characters or string characters at the begining followed by -.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I want to select data based on following rules</div>
<div> </div>
<div>A. only the numeric value </div>
<div> </div>
<div>B.If any string value present before - then show null\blank</div>
<div> </div>
<div>C.if no numeric value found and no - found at the beginning then show null</div>
<div> </div>
<div><strong>Example A</strong></div>
<div>1. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Current I/P</div>
<div>
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>2 - hello world</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Desired o/p</div>
<div>
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>2</div>
<div> </div>
<div><strong>ExampleB</strong></div>
<div> </div>
<div>Current I/P</div>
<div>
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>ab -hello world</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Desired o/p</div>
<div>
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>
<div><strong>ExampleC</strong></div>
<div> </div>
<div>Current I/P</div>
<div>
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>hello world</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Desired o/p</div>
<div>
</div>
<div> </div>
</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Matthew L.
<p>You could parse out the value using JavaScript</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-js">
var dataRow = "" + row["DATAROW"]; //Convert DataRow to string
var value = parseInt(dataRow.split("-")[0]); //Split string by hyphen (-) and get the numerical integer value
if(!isNaN(parseFloat(value)) && isFinite(value)) //Check value for number
value; //If number, Return value
else
""; //If NaN, Return blank string
</pre>
<p>See attached example.</p>
<p>Note: The example code is in the Data Set as a Computed Column.</p>