Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Adding independant column to a crosstab table
dinadonna238
<p>Hi Guys,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How can I add <u>independant</u> column to a crosstab table that represents total number of remittances per country as in attachment</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My Regards</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Isn't that what is in the left column? What do you mean independent? What does the data look like? Do you have an example using a CSV file?</p>
dinadonna238
<p>Thanks for your reply.</p>
<p>Yes the left column named "total no of remittances"</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My Regards</p>
micajblock
<p>Will adding totals work?</p>
dinadonna238
<p>Yes it works perfect ! but what if I want to add another average column besides grand total that calculates average sales through 12 months of the year per each country as in attached sample .</p>
<p>appreciate your support</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My Regards</p>
micajblock
<p>Try dragging in an aggregation. </p>
dinadonna238
<p>could you please give more clarification </p>
<p>I tried to drag and drop another salesAmount measure field temprorily ( inorder just to create another grandTotal2 column ) then change it's label into " Average" and replace it's cell with cell data from data binding column named average I have created but I found a problem when trying to delete the temprory salesAmount measure field as it's dependant to the average column and will be deleted as well</p>
<p>I tried also to create 2 crosstabs in a grid the main crosstab as in attached sample except the average and another one with average for each country but I faced that 2 crosstab tables are not well aligned and also i think this is not good solution</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My Regards</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Dina</p>
micajblock
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
dinadonna238
<p>I'm using birt designer 4.5 v2 integrated with eclipse Mars</p>
micajblock
<p>see attached</p>
dinadonna238
<p>that's perfect thanks a lot
</p>