Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Order varchar data containing numbers and symbols
CodeRookie
<p>Good morning, all! I have a graph that has category labels that are strings, but are made up of numeric and symbol data (see pic). I would like to be able to sort them so that '<41' would appear as the top value, then follow that with the numeric categories, and finish with '>63'. I've been looking through SQL examples using CASE then ISNUMERIC, but I can't really do the sorting in the query, it would have to be done when building the chart.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any thoughts?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Maximo, right? Try creating a binding in the chart using an expression then, sort the data on the new binding.</p>
CodeRookie
<p>Mica,</p>
<p>Good morning! Not Maximo this time, but I will definitely try your suggestion.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Scott</p>
CodeRookie
<p>I was finally able to get back to working on this report, and was able to get the data sorted in the order I wanted..... Unfortunately, while that now works, it won't show the Optional Y Series Grouping correctly (trying to split out total tons by coil thickness category). I'm going to attach a copy of the report design. The chart in question is the second one.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
CodeRookie
<p>Got it working as needed....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Scott</p>