Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Report unable to do automatic data set binding
engineero73
<div> </div>
<p>Hello everyone,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a BIRT report that I've attached called OR14.rptdesign.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It's a very basic report in which I've created one data source with two data sets. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm having a problem with dragging and dropping one field (called SHIP_DATE) from a data set (called PW_OEOO2_L1) into a table detail row cell for a column called Ship-Date. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>What I'm seeing is...when I try to drag and drop the SHIP_DATE field into the Ship-Date table detail row cell, I get a circle with a diagonal line through it, indicating that I can't do that.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>However, all fields in the other data set (PW_C_WHSE_L1), I have no problems with dragging and dropping any of the five fields that are in that data set. </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Shweta Parihar
<p style="margin:0in;font-family:Calibri;font-size:11pt;">The reason you are not able to add column "SHIP_DATE" from PW_OEOO2_L1 is because the table binding is set to dataset</p>
<p style="margin:0in;font-family:Calibri;font-size:11pt;">PW_C_WHSE_L1 and you can only bind single dataset to a table.</p>
<p style="margin:0in;font-family:Calibri;font-size:11pt;">What you can do is, create a joined data set joining the dataset from which you want to pull values to the table and then bind that dataset to your table.</p>
engineero73
<p>I will have a need to use data from more than two tables and I'm not sure if I will be able to join all of these tables with a SQL join. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm thinking of binding the table to a stored procedure and then dragging and dropping data from that stored procedure as well as other SQL queries. Would that work?</p>
Shweta Parihar
<p style="margin:0in;font-family:Calibri;font-size:11pt;">Yes, that will be even better, as if required you can even use the same stored procedure for other reports too.</p>
engineero73
<p>Thanks Shweta</p>